T-Unit's boosted Buick. AKA: the Granny Slapper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
All I'm hearing is gee, maybe I should pick up a scsb c1500 and do a fwd truck.
That seems like a lot of work. I have been browsing though. Not like it matters. It's worth what I paid for it now. If I got it back looking good again it would be worth what I had into it. Also not good for sale. I'd have to trade. I do like the idea of a vortec rcss, Tahoe, burb. But if I did that, I'd have another project. Which was the whole point in getting a wbody. A ride I like as is. No need to change anything major. Swap the lights, tint the windows, throw a set of wheels on it and drive the thing. No LS swaps, altitude adjustments, etc

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Alright so with the leaky fuel line I've been avoiding the car and focusing on the truck.

Current parts list for the car that I have is a drivers window regulator, gentex 208 rearview mirror to replace the garbage Donnelly that has leaked over half the gel out, a trunk lid spoiler, a taillight, and a HVAC vent.

About a mile from me is another black and silver Regal GS that has been sitting for a long time. It has a good fender, door, and trunk lid with a spoiler already on it. So I may just mosey on up there and see what it may take to get it out of their driveway and into mine. Looks like it hasn't moved in a few years so they may just be willing to part with it on the cheap.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Added an oil pan and gasket to the parts list, valve cover gaskets, and square poly dogbone mounts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well it's a wonderful day to be outside. Thinking I'm gonna try and knock down this pile of parts I got for the Buick.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I got the pan off, poly square dog bone bushings in, shorter dog bones on and it was 5am when I called it quits. The weather got cold and rainy yesterday and cold today. And my tires came in for the truck so I had to switch gears and get the truck cleaned up for it's new wheels and tires that went on today. I'll finish the Buick up this week. Asphalt season is looming.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Buick has not moved. I went to put the new pan on and found coolant dripping off the crank. Got intake manifold gaskets for it. Haven't had time to put them on since I went back to work. It needs to get done though. It'll happen in the next weekend or so.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Lower intake manifold gaskets done, tune up done, valve cover gaskets done, rear valve cover painted. Too bad I have a fuel line dumping premium all over the ground now.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
No. It's rusty where it starts to go under the car from. The tank. It used to just drop slowly. Now it's too bad to ignore.

Tyler/T-Unit