T-Unit's boosted Buick. AKA: the Granny Slapper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I really don't need to go smaller. It's fast enough as it is. The torque steer is real. I've burned the tires in second already. I gotta get off the skinny pedal.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I really don't need to go smaller. It's fast enough as it is. The torque steer is real. I've burned the tires in second already. I gotta get off the skinny pedal.

Tyler/T-Unit

My previous employer had an Impala SS with the 5.3 that didn't torque steer as bad as my Buick lol.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
This thing walks all over the road if I stand on it n

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
The front ones were. They are on the back now. Still busts them loose but it doesn't walk around as much.

Tyler/T-Unit

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
i think its just the way the car is. Seems like the more boat feeling the car is the worse the torque steer is. My g6 is managable in first, and its noticable in second but that thing feels like its on rails. It may not be supercharged but itll still burn tires anywhere in first gear.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have a really odd wobble in back on decent bumps now for some reason. I wanna get new struts on it before I investigate further but if there's a decent bump in the road it feels like the ass end kicks right. There is a brace for the knuckle back there that extends towards the front of the car and mounts to the unibody just in front of the wheel well on the left side that I bent slightly while jacking the rear up from it's unibody mount. I think that might be the issue since it was fine before I moved the tires around.

Or I've got a blown apart belt that was causing my "torque steer" fiasco and now that the same tire is on the back...... It's causing "bump sway"....first is struts. Going from there.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
One strut has been delivered. Waiting on the second and I'll be pushing to get them on. The knocking is driving me insane. Also need at least a set of rear tires.

The set of spare truck tires I sold today will get me a set for the car.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I was surprised. The other strut had an estimated delivery date middle of next week. It came in today. So on they went. No more knocking sounds on bumps!

Tyler/T-Unit