Sway bar link question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay hopefully I'm in the right place... I was under my truck today and a realized that the sway bar link appears to have broken off because it is not attached to the control arm... Seems like a problem... So the real question here is that the top half of the link is still connected to the sway bar but it doesn't seem to line up with the fittin in the control arm. So could the sway bar possibly be twisted somehow or would a new link fall in line once I jack the car up and start working on it? Oh and would I have to replace both sway bar links if the other one looks fine?

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can just replace the bad one, although they are cheap and easy to do in pairs. Best way is to completely unbolt the end links, upper and lower. Bolt them to the LCAs, then bolt the upper side of them on. This way you can maneuver the sway bar to line them up. Should be a less than 30 minute job.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can just replace the bad one, although they are cheap and easy to do in pairs. Best way is to completely unbolt the end links, upper and lower. Bolt them to the LCAs, then bolt the upper side of them on. This way you can maneuver the sway bar to line them up. Should be a less than 30 minute job.

Thanks! And I think I might do both just to be safe