Swapping risers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Almost, if not every, Tahoe had buckets and center console. Suburbans... It depends...

You know... You should look for a 99-00 GMC Denali/Cadillac Escalade center console, those look sweet! I was thinking about getting one at my local yard sometime and paint it blue.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Almost, if not every, Tahoe had buckets and center console. Suburbans... It depends...

You know... You should look for a 99-00 GMC Denali/Cadillac Escalade center console, those look sweet! I was thinking about getting one at my local yard sometime and paint it blue.

I googled that type of console, sadly that will not work for me, it is sweet though! I just have too much going on on my transmission hump lol my truck has manual 4x4 and its a 5 speed, the smaller console will fit no issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I googled that type of console, sadly that will not work for me, it is sweet though! I just have too much going on on my transmission hump lol my truck has manual 4x4 and its a 5 speed, the smaller console will fit no issue

Try out a 97-02 Ford Expedition console. Yes I know its a cross over to the competition but I have seen that center console mod on an is and it looks very factory and different

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
@GMC1994K1500SierraSL, oh ok, then yeah that wouldn't work because of that manual stick in the way. Then yeah the factory console would work just fine.

I did look up that expedition console and it looks just like the Escalade/Denali console, which wouldn't work since his truck is a manual. :\

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@GMC1994K1500SierraSL, oh ok, then yeah that wouldn't work because of that manual stick in the way. Then yeah the factory console would work just fine.

I did look up that expedition console and it looks just like the Escalade/Denali console, which wouldn't work since his truck is a manual. :\

Yea lol limits me to factory but I'm happy with that lol did look up both those consoles, very cool, I would consider an install of one into my dads 94 chevy ecsb auto, if he'll let me [emoji23] he likes his bench, maybe he'd let me put a newer 60/40 bench in it instead, I don't think he'd do buckets

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Yeah I can see that, if I get another truck, it will have to have a 60/40, I love the buckets, but............. love how with the 60/40 you can put all of your junk in the middle of the seat instead of putting your junk in the back which is harder to reach. I want my next truck to be more of work/beater truck, not like my Blue Beauty, she is my show truck ;) , show/work truck for now.

So how did it go at the yard?

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I can see that, if I get another truck, it will have to have a 60/40, I love the buckets, but............. love how with the 60/40 you can put all of your junk in the middle of the seat instead of putting your junk in the back which is harder to reach. I want my next truck to be more of work/beater truck, not like my Blue Beauty, she is my show truck ;) , show/work truck for now.

So how did it go at the yard?

They would have had a lot of good stuff if people hadn't left the doors open and destroyed all the seats [emoji35] found a couple full load Tahoes that the interiors got wrecked on and an ext cab with leather aswell that was wrecked, looks like they were exposed for a couple years [emoji24], only cloth buckets I found were super loose, flopped around a lot but were in good shape, tried to get into another yard and they were closed, even though I called twice [emoji35] frustrating