Swapping risers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As title suggests, my riser on the left under drivers 60 portion of bench is loose it rocks up and down not back and forth, it's a manual slider can I take a riser off a similar seat and swap it to fix it, it's really annoying, has anyone else had this issue? I'm gonna try and find a good one at a pick and pull, last resort is the dealership can order it for me but it's expensive

Truck is a 95 ECSB, seats are from a 97 ecsb

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
My dad's tonner has close to the same problem as yours. His seats are junk though. Don't know what could fix that, maybe new mounting rails/brackets for it?

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna try and swap the bad riser, issue is finding a seat, going to try pick and pull again and a couple of the auto wreckers this weekend

I'm hoping just this frame unit is my issue, looks like it is, only movement is here and it's 1 piece so it should work, just worried about the spring is all

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna try and swap the bad riser, issue is finding a seat, going to try pick and pull again and a couple of the auto wreckers this weekend

I'm hoping just this frame unit is my issue, looks like it is, only movement is here and it's 1 piece so it should work, just worried about the spring is all

Check under the truck where the seat track bolts go through to make you do that rust in the actual bolts or worse yet the floor.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish i could post a video showing the play in the seat riser, you can see the track lifting in the channel of the mount, trucks in really good shape no rust on the floor boards or underneath where the bolts go in, all those bolts are tight

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the rivets that hold the track to the riser are broken? If that's the case you might just be able to get a replacement track and riser from the bone yard and bolt it to the seat.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the plan, if you look up under the seat you can can see it lifting up down when you grab the seat corner and move it, other side is fine

Didn't see any good ones at the pick and pull today, gonna try the local parts yards tomorrow maybe

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Anything on those rails (track, brackets, rails, whateva) yet? :D That's most likely the problem.