Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the best way to get a little bit of suspension lift. I'm just talking a little bit so it is higher than stock. Leaf Springs, keys, cranking torsion bars? Will cranking the torsion bars make anything ware out faster than they are supposed to?

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive heard that keys are the way to go for a levelling kit, supposed to retain a factory ride. Body lifts I just dont like, the whole exposed frame thing doesnt do it for me, but thats just my thing.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't really looked at lifts much but I wouldn't like my frame exposed if that's what a body lift does. I just want 2-3" of lift, could I get this with bigger keys?

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, a levelling kit with keys for the front, blocks for the rear and new shocks should do the trick. I put new shocks in mine and its amazing how well the thing rides now. Even on the Baghdad-esque Edmonton roads the ride is smooth.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually just installed new shocks yesterday on my truck haha. But since the truck is at stock height would I need different ones if I lifted?

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think that on a lift that small youd need them, unless youre offroading then you would, but for street use the shocks should be fine.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
New keys really won't do anything our stock keys won't, they really make the difference on 99+. For our trucks you'll want 3/4 ton torsion bars, they swap right in and will give you a better ride then just cranked keys. When you crank you are putting a greater angle on Ball Joints and tie-rods, just keep an eye on your angles and don't do anything to big when compared to what your angles are at stock, if your concerned your angles are to great just post a pic of them and we'll set ya straight.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Um, well, theres Tonka, Rapid Revolutions, National 4WD, Four Wheel performance warehouse, Beartraxx offroad.....theres a few offroad type of places, but honestly, shop around. For my Jeep I often found that I could get parts cheaper with shipping and duties than I could locally, also, check out LMC truck, they have everything you could ever want and need for the GMT400. Where abouts in Alberta are ya, Im by Edmonton.