Suspension improvements options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 92 4wd 2dr Blazer. All stock. 150k miles. It is a daily driver and rarely will see any off road.

I don't want to lift it, but would like to improve the ride and handling. I ready the body mount thread and may do that as well.

I am going to need new shocks soon and thought I would replace the bushings as well.

a few questions -

1. if I wanted to take it to the next level, what would that be? I see all kind of things like multilink rear, air bags etc. what is a reasonable option lets say under $1500? that would help it handle and ride better?

2. Any specific shocks or bushings recommended?

thanks

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bilstein shocks. And if you are meaning upper or lower control arm bushings, I'd use either o.e. or napa premium. Cheaper ones don't last. I also did sulastic shackles on my 2500 and am really happy how it rides

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
how fab handy are you? nbs knuckles and nnbs coils and adapt everything to work. that wasnt a terrible task. possibilities are really endless just depends on your end goal

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks, wanting to handle a little better and more modern

Bilstein shocks. And if you are meaning upper or lower control arm bushings, I'd use either o.e. or napa premium. Cheaper ones don't last. I also did sulastic shackles on my 2500 and am really happy how it rides

I have some basic skills and a good mechanic. Any tutorials on this?

my goal is to update it so it handles a bit better and drives likle a newer truck. I like the size and would prefer to keep it rather than getting something new, but it is getting a little long in the tooth

how fab handy are you? nbs knuckles and nnbs coils and adapt everything to work. that wasnt a terrible task. possibilities are really endless just depends on your end goal

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
tutorials? **** no, start chopping and welding but have a good understanding of suspension before you do, in the sense that if you think lift keys are good then dont try it. theres no tutrial, i never even documented it myself but that and many other wierd things have come out of mine and others garages

Project400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
News good shocks.
Bilstein HD's and new bushings with stock replacements
I have ideas about shocks that would make these trucks more pleasant but it depends on what people are used to or want....
My ideas would require rebuilding and revalving Bilsteins

I guess you could look into a few other things too but not sure how it would be implemented....
3/4 ton antiroll bars (maybe worse in the dirt) a rear anti roll bar and some of the rear shackle alternatives....
Maybe look into different rear springs something softer and then install airbag helpers

Last edited: