SUBURBAN HITCH. WILL IT FIT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy power

Reaction score
I was wondering if a class 3 hitch off of a suburban 1997 will fit my 1998 chevy z71. i presented it under there to see, and my spare tire hits the hitch. looks like it will bolt up fine but i must remove my spare?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I was wondering if a class 3 hitch off of a suburban 1997 will fit my 1998 chevy z71. i presented it under there to see, and my spare tire hits the hitch. looks like it will bolt up fine but i must remove my spare?
What size is your spare? A stock 265/75R16 will fit inside the hitch, but anything bigger may not

chevy power

Reaction score
my spare is 265/75 16 i havent actually bolted it up there but when i look it seem like it will hit.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I sold a hitch from my burb to a guy that was going to put it on his 97 truck a while back and it wouldn't bolt up, I am sure it would have if the guy was willing to drill some new holes but he wasn't mechanically enclined at all!

chevy power

Reaction score
it will definently not work! it wont even clear the bumper.im going to post it upon craigslist and sell it.