Stupid wheel and tire question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the backspacing on a stock aluminum gm wheel, i'm priciong out and want as close to stock as possible.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those wheels are sweet and relatively cheap thats why im getting them. I just wish I could afford 285's

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
That looks sweet. But why do most people go to 15" wheels on these trucks?

For a long time 15" "Bullet Hole" wheels were the ****, and still a great compliment to the body style.

What is the backspacing on a stock aluminum gm wheel, i'm pricing out and want as close to stock as possible.

I believe 5.5"

I love those rims.

The one's on my truck are Mickey Thompson Classic IIs

Those wheels are sweet and relatively cheap that's why I'm getting them. I just wish I could afford 285's

Just a heads up the Mickey Thompsons will have more of a "lip" then either Procomp but that's simply a style preference.

I've found its best to wait and get what you want the first time, that's part of the reason I'm still at stock height.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the Mickey thompsons as well but i really didnt even notice the difference until i looked at the price haha. The procomps are 92$ and the mickey's are 130$.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I like the Mickey thompsons as well but i really didnt even notice the difference until i looked at the price haha. The procomps are 92$ and the mickey's are 130$.

:hahano: Thats only a $160 difference after you buy a set lol I hear ya man, wheel prices have gotten ridiculous.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya they are ridicuous. I would have no problem dishin out the cash if I didnt have to buy all new tools this coming fall for college.

murphy2024

Reaction score
285s won't hurt your gas mileage much, if at all, its just not that big of jump but I wouldn't do a 2" BL if you stick with 265s, IMO it won't look right. Body lifts give these trucks a lot of room, this is my old '91 with 3" body and 33x12.50s on 15x8s, I could fit 35x12.50s no problem.]

What size backspacing are you running and do you rub at all?