Stupid MAP Sensor Connection Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got around to replacing my MAP sensor because I noticed how crusty the old one was when I replaced my intake manifold.

On my 2000 7.4l, it simply popped out after I disconnected the wiring harness. Are these supposed to have a clip or something else that holds it to the intake manifold? I just popped the new one in and connected the wiring harness. Not sure if I'v always been missing a clip or something that holds it down.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone? Maybe I put this in the wrong area. I tried looking for pictures to see any with clips but can't find any. Don't see any on chevy diagrams either.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
If I'm looking at the right thing, it's just a plug with the tab thing at the top? I'm not sure if it was the right sensor though,

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I'm looking at the right thing, it's just a plug with the tab thing at the top? I'm not sure if it was the right sensor though,

It's this sensor, right next to the thermostat on the intake. Mine is only held by that connector. I know that some other trucks/cars actually have an additional clip or something that holds it down. Mine never did, but not sure if that was by design or t was lost long ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
It's this sensor, right next to the thermostat on the intake. Mine is only held by that connector. I know that some other trucks/cars actually have an additional clip or something that holds it down. Mine never did, but not sure if that was by design or t was lost long ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then yup, mine is the same way; I would've checked the C3500 but I ran out of daylight;

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If I remember, I can post a pic of the retainer when I get home. Both my dually and parts truck have a clip that shares a retaining bolt with the fuel rail.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I remember, I can post a pic of the retainer when I get home. Both my dually and parts truck have a clip that shares a retaining bolt with the fuel rail.

Mine is the same way. There is a clip that bolts down on the end of the fuel rail that holds it into the manifold. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get the chance.