Stupid Centerlink and Steering Question 2WD 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 2000 CCLB 7.4L truck. It has a body lift on it from previous owner. I know I need to replace all the worn out front end steering and suspension components but for the immediate I am limited on how far I can turn to the right. I can turn about half of what I should be able to.

I notice that there is a bar attached to the centerlink on the truck. Is this a stock part? I can't locate it on any of the diagrams. It is the piece limiting my turning. Not sure what it is.

And yes, I am aware of all the ridiculous grease all over the place o_O.

Sorry for the newbie question.
You must be registered for see images attach

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Crickets!

Well, I am not seeing it in ANY parts diagram. Not sure if it was a stabilizer or not. It will meet my dewalt grinder this weekend.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wow; that is bizarre. I've never seen anything like that on any GMT400 truck (or any truck for that matter) - wonder if it's some homemade piece to limit turning radius to prevent oversized tires from rubbing on the inside? Depending on lift and tire size I suppose you could chew up sidewalls. Thing is, that part almost looks "manufactured" ...

I say take the pos off.

Richard

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow; that is bizarre. I've never seen anything like that on any GMT400 truck (or any truck for that matter) - wonder if it's some homemade piece to limit turning radius to prevent oversized tires from rubbing on the inside? Depending on lift and tire size I suppose you could chew up sidewalls. Thing is, that part almost looks "manufactured" ...

I say take the pos off.

Richard

Yep I believe you are correct. I was going to unscrew it until I saw the passenger side nut had a couple welds to it! I'll be getting all new steering parts next month, so it'll just be a temporary cutaway for now.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, some POS. Have full turning capabilities now but tires are rubbing a bit. Doesn't seem that the tires should rub with this body lift but IDK. I'm just happy to be able to turn. I'll see if the front steering and suspension replacement fix the rubbing.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
That's either the Fabtech steering limiter that came with their 4.5" 2wd lift spindles or someone home made it to copy the Fabtech steering limiter.