stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Yea, the trucks that are in good shape, are getting harder, and harder to find.

Everyone's holding on to them, and leaving the ragged out ones for everyone else to fight over.

The Yee-Yee's aren't helping by taking minty old man trucks and wallowing them out with lifts, poor exhaust and tunes that are way too much for the stock drivetrain.

Honestly if I was building a strictly street truck, I'd do exactly what you've done to your truck. Simple tune, simple exhaust, just all around a mint truck really.
-----------------------------------
In other news. This.
https://outerbanks.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-gmc-western-hauler/6473214612.html
https://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-chevy-suburban-4x4/6474391513.html

This one would look real good with my ECSB K2500. Makes me wonder if my truck would look good with black rims.
https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-k2500-4x4-cheverolet-ls/6490150927.html

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly if I was building a strictly street truck, I'd do exactly what you've done to your truck. Simple tune, simple exhaust, just all around a mint truck really.
Thanks. I drive mine every day, so I don't want to get to crazy with it. Its just a little faster than a 2013 5.3L with exhaust. I like it when someone who knows these trucks gives mine a good look over, and realizes just how many things I have done to it. I like the things that don't stand out to much, but once you look, you say wait, these trucks didn't come like that.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I know, I was referring to Skylark, Dave, all of our Commiefornia members,
After watching South Main Auto many times I guess I consider us lucky,my '95 & wife's '99 are still in great shape with almost no rust.The worst part of living in my area is the toll the sun takes on paint.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
After watching South Main Auto many times I guess I consider us lucky,my '95 & wife's '99 are still in great shape with almost no rust.The worst part of living in my area is the toll the sun takes on paint.

It's about the same issue down here too, the sun and humidity raise hell on paint and plastics in the summer time,

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. I drive mine every day, so I don't want to get to crazy with it. Its just a little faster than a 2013 5.3L with exhaust. I like it when someone who knows these trucks gives mine a good look over, and realizes just how many things I have done to it. I like the things that don't stand out to much, but once you look, you say wait, these trucks didn't come like that.

Kenny you just summarized what I want for my truck better than I have until I read that. "these trucks didn't come that way" is EXACTLY what I have in mind. I want the most comfortable redneck sports car that ever crept its way to the box store. Well said sir!