stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have always wanted a 1970,71, or 72 ElCamino. In 2011 I found a 1972 true SS with a 350. Bucket seats, center console with the horse shoe shifter, ECT. It was very near perfect. I told the owner (who was in the next state from me,) I had cash money, when did he want me to come get the truck? So we set up the next weekend, and I say oh by the way, do you have a clear title for the truck? he said no. I say oh thats a problem. I am a state away, and I want this as a driver, so I need the title. If you go get the title I have your money, and if you have an issue with how much it will cost you to get the title, just let me know, and maybe we can share the cost, or something. I really want the truck. He said OK I will go do it Monday. I say, OK just keep in touch, and I will come get the truck when you have the title. I have the money, thats not a problem. Well 3 weeks go buy, and I hear nothing. I finally get it touch with him, and he said, well I have it sold here, I'm sorry it didn't work out. About 3 months later, I see the truck relisted in the same place I saw it to begin with. IDK why this guy would not get the title, He seamed to be on the up and up when we talked. I can spot a scam easy most of the time, and this seamed legit. The truck looked a lot like the yellow one in the pic above. About 6 month later, I found a 1970 SS with a small block 400. It was parked in some simi tall grass on the side of the road. I stopped to look , and all looked good. So about 3 weeks later, I call the owner, and drive 2 hours to get the truck. I get to looking it over good, and the grass was hiding all of the rot along the bottom. There was a lot of rust. The whole under side and 6 inches up needed to be replaced, all the way around the truck. Way to much work. That one looked like the red one in the pic above. So I let my wife talk me into putting some work in my 97 GMT 400 Silverado. As good as my truck looks and runs, (new paint in 2013, and performance mods.) it is still no ElCamino.
Id love to have an elco that body style, but thay color is fugly lol

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score