Stuck in 4-low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RussToy

Reaction score
Hello, I need some help with my Tahoe. She's a 99' 2 door 5.7l w/ 4L60e and the push button NP243. She only has 99,000 miles. I recently swapped in an LS2 w/ 4L70e. Everything bolted up...the LS2 and trans are wired to run on their own. I continued using the 243, which is still wired as it came from the factory. Had zero issues for 3-4 months..driving it 2-3,000 miles. Used 4-hi a couple times...just goofing, nothing serious. Then drove it through a large water puddle in a parking lot after a big rain. It was a good bit deeper then I thought it was...things got wet! Drove to the gas station, shut off the engine, fueled up, restarted the engine...quickly noticed it was in 4-low...and has been in 4-low every since. Replaced the computer that controls the 243, new sensors, and every motor I can find...however, still in 4-low. I'm at a total loss. I'm now thinking about just switching over to an NP241 manual setup, but I'd really would like to keep my 243. Any and all help would be appreciated it. Cheers...