Stretched 400 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Now thats a crew cab!!

honestly though, that would probably be a decent camper though too.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Always been curious how companies can 're-engineer' a vehicle to carry a butt-load of people, while being 'over capacity' on the tires, suspension and other components, like most of the stretched cars, while being 'legal'.
No kidding!

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Always been curious how companies can 're-engineer' a vehicle to carry a butt-load of people, while being 'over capacity' on the tires, suspension and other components, like most of the stretched cars, while being 'legal'.

Limo producers are what are called upfitters. Upfitters are the only entity that can change the GVWR. They are now the liable party if anything occurs due to overloading.

However it looks like it could be just within GM original spec. Truck weighed 6,000 lbs off the line. Listed as 10 passenger, industry standard is 150 per passenger = 1,500 lbs. Leaving a remainder of 2,500 lbs for material to stretch.

I don't think there is much weight capacity left to tow much. Much less a gooseneck.

Wow. Makes that bed look super small

Looks like the bed from the short bed duallys they made in 99-00.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Limo producers are what are called upfitters. Upfitters are the only entity that can change the GVWR. They are now the liable party if anything occurs due to overloading.

However it looks like it could be just within GM original spec. Truck weighed 6,000 lbs off the line. Listed as 10 passenger, industry standard is 150 per passenger = 1,500 lbs. Leaving a remainder of 2,500 lbs for material to stretch.

I don't think there is much weight capacity left to tow much. Much less a gooseneck.

Looks like the bed from the short bed duallys they made in 99-00.
Our 200 crew cab 6.5 dually weighs in at 7800 with a full tank of fuel. The transfer case, driveshaft and front end can't be much over 500 pounds.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Our 200 crew cab 6.5 dually weighs in at 7800 with a full tank of fuel. The transfer case, driveshaft and front end can't be much over 500 pounds.

Wow. Quite a difference. My extended cab 454 weighs in at 6100. Edit: 6200 lbs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: