Street/strip build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1999 k2500 crewcab 4x4 original 454/4l80e combo. I want to build it into a turbo street/drag truck. This is purely a build idea list at the moment but I do plan on buying the turbo in the next month or so. Okay so starting with the engine. It’ll be a standard bore standard deck gen VI 454 with a scat complete forged rotating assembly, Merlin 320cc heads with 2.3 intake/1.88 exhaust valves and 119 cc chambers o ringed to the block. Lunati custom cam for the turbo and valvetrain with comp cams 1.7 full roller rockers. Edelbrock pro flo manifold (p/n 71363). I plan to use a megasquirt 3 stand-alone ecu. The turbo is gonna be a single BorgWarner s500sx t6 flange 88/99 .085 ar, boosted to around 22-24 psi. The Transmisson is gonna be a built 4l80e manual valve body with trans brake. As for the transfer case that is one spot I do need genuine help in, how much horsepower can a np241 handle and is there any way to beef it up? The fuel system is gonna be a aeromotive fuel cell with the eliminator pump running e85 through a -10an line to a t into 2 -8an lines to each fuel rail. Rear suspension is gonna be a trailing arm 4 link with a ballistic fan trussed 14 bolt and the front suspension is gonna be rebuilt stock suspension with custom dom tie rods and rcv axles. Possible coil over conversion for the front. I’m also thinking of running 295/65r15 mickey thompson Et r’s. Can they handle the weight? Will they be able to hook? I plan on pushing 1200hp on the strip and try to hit around 10’s. Interior will be 4 Corbeau seats 2 front 2 rear all 5 point harnesses and a rollcage. This is all purely idea and I haven’t even started yet and by no means will be done soon. I’d like to get anyone’s input on any part of this and see what everyone thinks?

Last edited: