Stranded...Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where this was supposed to go so I stuck it here.

Drove the truck to the golf course today and everything was fine. Got in it to leave and turned the key and nothing. No clicking or anything out of the engine. Now all the lights work and the stereo screen flips up and the power windows go down. For some reason I thought it was the battery (Kind of needed a new one anyways). So my Dad grabbed a new one and still nothing.

Checked the 40 amp fuse under the hood that says Ignition A and it was blown. Threw a new one in and still nothing. Checked the Ignition B 50 amp and its fine.

Swapped out the AC relay with the starter relay and still nothing.

Now its dark and I am not sure where to go from here. Any thoughts?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
If that doesnt work check your ground cables and wiggle the wires that come off of your ignition switch.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heat shield on starter had slide forward and was touching the positive terminal on the starter and shorting it out. Blew the 40 amp fuse again. Fuse replaced and shield repositioned correctly and problem solved.

Oldguy

Reaction score
Dylan,

37 inch tires on your rig and a 3.42:1 gears. Is that working out real well or has the performance taken a bit of a hit?

Markus

Reaction score
Heat shield on starter had slide forward and was touching the positive terminal on the starter and shorting it out. Blew the 40 amp fuse again. Fuse replaced and shield repositioned correctly and problem solved.

This exact thing happend to me about 3 years ago. The heat shield shorted on the terminal and I was stranded. blew two 40 amp fuses and towed the truck home... Only to find the shield touching. Live and learn lol