Stock setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this is the RR leaf spring setup of my 92 Z71 w/ F44 package. My question is if this is a stock setup or not. Please excuse all the KS salt. I am looking to get a travel trailer this fall and am probably looking at air bags, but will probably replace this setup as well and put in some 3/4 ton springs that aren't 24 years worn. I'm hoping to get a little lift out of 3/4 ton springs, I've been reading between 1 and 2 inches . By the way, this setup is stock height. It doesn't sit any different than any other half ton 4wd. Just looking for input.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may be corrected on this but I haven't seen any factory setup like that on a C/K truck. Looks like aftermarket overload Springs

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
No those arent stock you get around 2" with 3/4 ton springs

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
You could take those springs apart, put that top pack at the bottom and it would be about the same as 3/4 ton springs....if they are all in good shape.

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the original owner did tow a gooseneck with it, so its likely that he installed these helper springs for that. Thanks guys. I hadn't thought about that poncho, I will consider that. As far as the shape they're in, that's harder to figure. I know the truck hasn't been abused, but it still 24 yrs old. And it's a TX truck, so up until about 2 years ago, it had no rust. It amazes me- and scares me that I see late model GMT800s (2005-2006) driving around here that are rusting through already. I do my best to get ours clean underneath as soon as its warm enough.Thanks again!