Stock or Cranked????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have just put in new rear leafs and it raised the back up 2" Looking at the Torsion bars adjustment screws they have about 1" they can be turned up. Looking at the front arms it appears that they have been cranked by the prior owner how can I tell for sure ??? What is the stock ride height????

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well there isn't really a "set stock height" Torsion bars and their settings will always differ, even from the factory. The only thing that you need be concerned with is your front angles after you crank. If they are too extreme you will see it and feel it. It's not worth an extra inch to ruin front end components all the time and have the truck ride horribly. If the truck rides good now then that is an indicator you're okay and may have more room to crank. Get a picture of your front CV angles and a picture of the Tbar bolts so we can physically see where you're at.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok Ill try and get the pics up. I have 285/75/16 on now with no rub so my guess is they were cranked at least some. would the factory ride have the lower arm level to the ground????

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep you want it obviously to sit perfectly level but everyone has some sort of angle. When your cv axles look like /\ is when it's bad. If it doesn't ride horribly and sound like a 2x4 snaps in half over speedbumps then you're good. Another thing you can do is measure how much thread you have left on your tbar bolt. IF there isn't atleast an inch of thread, don't crank. If you still got that much then give it a nother couple turns. It's also alot easier to jack the front up when you do it. Takes all the load off, the difference is amazing.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The T-bolt is almost flush with the bottom of Rail so i have lots of room But I need 2" to get back level How much pinch in the ball joint is too much.???

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
Ok I think I figured out the pic thing well see