Stepside Bed Rail Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddaxe

If it don't go... chrome it..!!
Reaction score
Wow, hard work and some real dedication paying off, good work!
I have a new appreciation for Florida corrosion today.
It's been a long journey.. it should be good for many years to come (I hope). Northern Ontario winters are hard on vehicles.. if they aren't undercoated.. they end up like that...
I will do a build threat on the whole truck.. as I have mentioned... I've done some pretty cool mods to it...
hope checking out this thread inspires some of you to know it can be done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ddaxe

Reaction score
I figured I'd throw up one more pic of how the underside of the bed turned out... with the amount undercoating I've sprayed into it.. it should last a long time before needing any attention.. and that was the goal all along ...
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, really nice work and dedication.

I drove over 1,500 miles to bring a rust free 88' back home to Wisconsin last year. You certainly have more patience and skill than I do!

ddaxe

Reaction score
Wow, really nice work and dedication.

I drove over 1,500 miles to bring a rust free 88' back home to Wisconsin last year. You certainly have more patience and skill than I do!

Tks for the comment.. this would be the 9th vehicle I have had my hands into.. though being I'm from Canada.. more northern .. a box from the states was out of the question.. though I would of like to of... my main reason for rebuilding the box was to learn how to use my bead roller & shrinker/stretcher... kind of a warm up for the next project..

Treefork

Reaction score
Great work on this.

Did you make the cross sills yourself? I'm looking for these for a similar truck, and can't find them anywhere already made to fit.

ddaxe

Reaction score
Great work on this.

Did you make the cross sills yourself? I'm looking for these for a similar truck, and can't find them anywhere already made to fit.

I just bought crosser for a Fleetside.. they were the same size as needed... 49 inches...

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So for sure I have to cut this out to get access to cleaning up the rust? I. Swear it doesn't look like it's all one piece.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol great reply. It is appreciated! I was just trying to avoid having to cut it out lol owell I'll just deal with it.