Stepside Bed Rail Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddaxe

If it don't go... chrome it..!!
Reaction score
The front step panel.. again.. nothing left for reference.. except for using the top trim piece for an approx size.. it should work...
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice looking panels you are making. I have a bead roller but only have bead and step dies, I need to get a tipping die for those curved 90 degree bends.

ddaxe

Reaction score
Tks guys... I'm no pro by any means... lol. though I learned a lot about body work/painting working with my cousin on many occasions who's been in the trade 25+ years...
but yes.. having the right tools & the patience to try... you can get professional looking results

Last edited:

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been doing body work for over 40 years so had to take up boat building for a different hobby. This picture shows 10 pieces that are all fit with compound angles. Lots of scrap lumber used to figure out the angles.

ddaxe

Reaction score
Worked on the psgr bed rail.. took a bit of fiddling to get the outer side extra I left below the factory crease to fold under so it can be bolted back onto the top of the fender... it fits better than I first thought.. and the inner factory fold will clear the bolt holes...
at least I should have everything figured out when I move over to the drivers side...

ddaxe

Reaction score
Well.. I decided against a full beside.. as the lower half was still pretty decent.. also 1/2 the side was much more manageable than the whole thing.. turned out pretty good.. now I can start to reassemble this side..

ddaxe

Reaction score
it's coming back together... piece by piece...
should be solid again.. only this time I'll coat the heII out of it... my last project.. an 84 Stepside had 40 rattle cans worth in it...

ddaxe

Reaction score
Fitting the repurposed rail off a fleetside... it's taking a bit of finagling to get it to sit right...but it will work if you just keep at it.. trimming here n there... I may have invented a few new words along the way.. but.. now I know this side is solid...

ddaxe

Reaction score
The other side is under the knife.. for some reason.. not quite as bad as the other side.. though it has its challenges..