Steering stabilizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Iv just put 35s on my truck and its not bad but its a tick road crazy now. What I was wondering is there a steering stabilizer kit for a stock 98 1500 z71. Its just got cranked stock keys. Or is there something else I should look into I just rebuilt the whole front end so I know everything is good there.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you get it alingned after you cranked it up to clear the 35's? How new is the front end parts? After a couple thousand miles on my truck when cranked a cheaper idler arm would show play. LMC list a stabilzier for a stock suspension so I would think you should be able to order one from most parts stores. I would check to make sure allignment is in spec, that all front end is still tight, wheel bearings too, before adding the stabilizer.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i added the stabilizer to my truck when I lifted it, and it drives like a dream

Not to get to far off topic but did you run any without the stabilizer and lifter with tires Sully? I've been thinking of one for a long time to help some of the sharp jolts from rocks and such, for the price of them wouldnt be out much anyways.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope, the stabilizer went on with the rest of the lift. I can say that even while bombing through my bumpy ass field, I had no issues in the steering. It still drove like a dream. Im looking to see if there is a way to help out my steering pump with turning the bigger wheels, but its not needed just something I want to do so my pump doesnt fry out on me. I may install a cooler for it.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was under mine this week and saw i had one on there already...is that stock for a 1 ton?

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a brand new black diamond stabilizer kit in storage I'll make you a good deal on. Where are you located?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is bagged and I have a stabilizer on it. Doesnt mater if its lifted lowered or stock it really helps out alot.