Steering really loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ace37

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feels like I haven’t been on here in forever. Anyway, couldn’t find anywhere else to put this so it’s here. The steering on my K2500 Suburban has excessive play and when I get moving it’s like it’s out of alignment because I have to hold the wheel like I’m turning to go straight, but then it’ll adjust so I have to adjust the wheel to keep straight. Not as bad as I’m making it sound but still I know this could be better. Is it the steering box or just in serious need of an alignment? My tires aren’t wearing down uneven at all they barely have any wear on them brim the past few months.

Ace37

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also off topic but I’m thinking I have to replace my 4x4 selector button. Sometimes the light flickers other times it’s on other times not but I can’t press any of them and it actually engage or disengage. My “service 4wd” light isn’t on so thinking it’s just the switch. Looks a tad broken anyway.

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be several things. Check your tie-rods and arms underneath for play, as well as the rag joint at the bottom of the steering shaft.