Steering extension for Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 89 silverado 4wd and they had a body lift put on it. Well i noticed that the steering just isnt long enough and actually came out. Whats the piece i need to make this long enough to bolt back in?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
exactly what your title says steering extension, if you know who put the body lift in contact them, almost all body lifts have that in the kit.

I was told it wasn't needed, someone said the shaft would slide down enough on it's own and not need it. I guess they would be wrong in your case. Man that would suck be driving down the road and pop, out comes the shaft and no steering afterwards, not to mention how dangerous.

Good luck on trying to find that piece only, my olny words of advice is call or contact performance accessories, summit or zone offroad and see if you can buy that piece only.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
you might could try a steering shaft from another truck if you can get you hands on one. Mine pulled out far enough to reach the steering box with out an extension.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
mine also did not require one, wierd that some trucks are different. not sure where mine went to but i'll have a look, and if i can find it i'll let you know.

Reaction score
Yeah that happened to me it popped out. I really havent looked at it yet but i figured i better get the extension. Also where is the best place to get a 6 inch lift

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dick Cepek makes the best 6" lift for these trucks.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
agreed the rough country kit is only like a 5 inch or so diff drop and the rest is by cranking. I hear the dick cepek is a full 6.5 diff drop and means you got room to crank higher, plus the rough country is around a grand shipped from like ebay or maybe rough country's site or jcwhitney, while the cepek is only about $1/200-1300 from their extreme site or whatever the site is now. I'd pop for the DC for sure. Sometimes they are on ebay cheaper too.