Steering box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pfrd

Reaction score
Hey y’all, got a 99 k2500 obs crew cab. Steering box needs replacing and was wondering if anyone had anything good or bad to say about a particular brand? Was thinking of going with an ac Delco from parks. Thanks!!

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AC Delco parts are usually good, don't have anything bad to say about them. If money isn't a huge concern a lot of people recommend Red Head steering gears for their quality. https://www.redheadsteeringgears.com/

I returned a reman Delco a few months ago because it was loose as hell right out of the box. Maybe it was a fluke because, like you said, it’s usually a safe brand and what I usually go with.

I’d second the Red Head brand, I used one on a Bronco and it was perfect. Since removing and returning a defective box will really make you cuss, I’d spend a little more and get one of their gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodageta1995

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a rebuilt from AC Delco, installed - had excessive play in the wheel. Thought long and hard about spending the money for the redhead. I did. The redhead was like night and day different. It costs but it's worth the money. I also had to eat the cost of the AC delco as it was installed for a month or so and I tried adjusting as a last ditch effort before removing. The sole purpose of my initial steering box change was excessive play. I was so frustrated that I considered selling my truck until the RedHead steering box. Money well spent. Oh, I did replace the rag joint too at the time of installing the AC Delco rebuilt