Squeaky3's new 96 z71 1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well as some of you my know, I just picked up a 96 1500 z71. Traded in the ole dmax for a lower payment and shorter loan. So here is the new rig. Had the thing 4 hrs and already put new headlights from a buddy in it. Its a little rusty, but that will be fixed this summer. The rest of the body and paint is in really nice shape for the year.

96 z71 1500, f44 package, 14 bolt semi-float, 3.73s, 5.7, 113k miles, some sort of stainless 3" exhaust.

You must be registered for see images attach

And the 2 trucks together

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its a lil rusty but a pretty clean truck overall. One of the reasons that pushed me to get this truck was it had the f44 package and was a 1 owner local truck.

Had the exhaust rust apart and blow out in front of the driver convertor, well ended up having to delete the cats to fix it, now the gap from the pipe to the flange where the other convertor went into it is large so there is a nice exhaust leak there but it sounds alot better than it did before. Once i get that gap filled in, it should sound nice with no cats and whatever muffler it has on it.

Not sure what the plans are for this truck yet. For now its gonna stay stock height and just be a nice dd truck while the green truck gets beat on lol

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well managed to get a lil more done tonight. Pulled out the factory radio and repaired all the wires that were cut for the amp to power the speakers and sub that was installed. After repairing the wires, I installed an aftermarket deck. Also swapped the led bulbs out of my esky cluster in my 97 and put leds in the hvac controls. I was going to swap the esky cluster in but didnt know how to swap the odo out so I just did the leds. Tomorrow I am gonna try to pull the clusters apart to swap them out.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well few more updates to the truck. Picked up a diesel bumper in decent shape for $50 off craigslist, and swapped the tow mirrors from the green truck onto this one

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a black delta tool box for $100 today, and have a buddy who is gonna buy the tonneau cover so the box will be paid for soon.

Also picked up some nice 2' cb antennas to mount onto the tool box so I ca45sn finally put my cb into this truck.

Need to find some different wheels and maybe tires for the thing to finally get it closer to how I want it to look appearance wise.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a few updated pics the other day