Sqaure Body bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westex

Reaction score
My friends dad just sold me some ranch hand bumpers off of a 87 blazer for my 96 c1500. I was hoping they'd just bolt up but it is never that easy. The measurements aren't so far apart but i am just trying to figure out the best way to make these fit.

Front Frame Mount: 32 Inches

Rear Frame Mount: 36 Inches

New Front Bumper: 28 Inches

New Rear Bumper: 33 Inches

I can weld decent enough, but i am new to fabrication in general and am just looking for advice on the best and safest way to mount it.

westex

Reaction score
Have any picture of the bumpers?

Here you go!

You must be registered for see images attach

westex

Reaction score
Here you go!

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's cool, I'm not really sure how that work though, sorry.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
It's doable but get ready for it to be a PITA. Your best bet would be chopping the mounts off the old rear bumper and welding them up in place with the rear ranch hand bumper. You'll probably have to place the rear bumper in the exact position you want it on the truck and tack weld the mounts to the bumper while they're bolted into the frame, then finish it up with a solid weld. As for the fronts, you can weld the bumper to the stock brackets that bolt into the frame but you'll need a way to get behind the bumper as the bolts are hidden away in the squared frame up front. If you're feeling brave, you could cut a section of the frame horn out up front to get to the other side of the bolts but I don't recommend that unless this is an off-road only vehicle (but I also hate the idea of C-notching or any other frame cutting/welding modification under any circumstances since I'm paranoid so take what I say with a grain of salt).

If you don't have the knowledge/skill to do all of that, it's also not a bad idea to take the bumpers and the truck to a custom fabrication shop and say, "hey I need to make these bumpers work with this truck can you help me out?" Never be afraid to ask for help, especially with custom fab work. Or you could sell all of the bumpers you have in your possession and buy one of them fancy Move bumpers. Lol