Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Good Deal^^^^

Well, seems there really isnt crap left out there for reasonably affordable, decent quality brush bars to mount my fog lights on... all I seem to find is the craptacular bull bars w/ "skid plate"... only good for blocking your front plate and enticing the local PD to make a "justfied stop".
The brush bars all seem to be 1 piece designs, so if ya biff one side, the whole thing is junk... and they too have their own craptacular faux-rubber bumper things that warp in the summer sun and contract in the winter...after a season, they fit like OJ's isotoner gloves.

Bill, I did look up your Warn Trans4mer you bought. For a discontinued item, they sure arent letting them go cheap...unless I come across something older, I might be SOL. I do have an older chrome one. There is a bit of surface rust on the chrome, the brackets are kinda cheesy, and I can hear the rust shake around inside. Not my 1st choice but I might pump oil in and pickle the interior, then shoot the exterior with some hammertough rattle can or something.

i hear on the availability of decent grill guards......i paid a king's randsom for my Warn and i couldn't even get the right receiver hitch.....and i scoured the interweb for that piece..... i have to chop up the piece for the '00-'06 trucks. it is what it is. ya only live once and i wanted it.

someone mentioned that JC Whitney HAD a decent "old style" grill guard for these trucks, i never checked but there's a bread crumb. LMC?

refurbishing old stuff is going to be the norm.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
see....that's the difference betwixt a responsible adult that knows what a choice is.....and the stupid fukkers that don't like something and want to BAN it, like "conservationism".

HEY, just because I replied like that, don't get the silly idea that I act like an adult. :big_banana_Dance::ROFLJest::crazy: I can act like this at times on a moments notice, sometimes without ANY warning. --->:dancingpoop::dancingpoop::dancingpoop:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i was outside and this headache got to me....woke up with a little one, got worse must be my yearly headache. a behind my eye ******...tried everything i know, might be the computer screen.....i'd rather be gut-shot.

gonna go lay down after i post these pictures.

found these neat little KC "clamp things"

You must be registered for see images attach

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
opens things up for more options

like driving beams next to the high beam

or maybe a "cornering" beam for those twisty mountain type roads

but for now i'll stick with my original plan.....had to flip the lenses though.....these might work as a good "around the bend" lamp. gotta light em up first to see.

oddly enough the spacing is almost perfect for this application......i might be onto sumthin here.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score