Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
the Z's are like holding a wonderful umbrella of light out where the light needs to be.........THAT is a gorgeous beam pattern.

not to mention the IPF name is supposed to be a respected name in the lighting community.....PASS.

all these "new" LED things hurt my eyes even from the pictures....i've ridden bikes with them....not for me....i didn't mind following my friend that had them, i trusted that he saw the road well and he says he can deal with the little hot spots all over the place....thanks but no thanks.....i'm a dinosaur and i like it that way

those JW Speaker fogs do work very well for fog lights no doubt, i just can't get with the 6K color of them.....or the "space invader" look to em.

The Cibie pattern is very smooth, quite the contrast to the round Trucklite units tested earlier. Hella high beam... whoa... hella HIGH. Lighting up rooftops in the distance!

Yeah, that IPF isn't ECE or DOT approved.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Keep it here... its all relevant

well.....i was able to modify the original thread title to include "and LIGHTING in general".

i just feel kinda sorry for the folks that start out not knowing WHERE to start reading.....or the ones searching for info using the SEARCH FORUMS feature.....this thing is unavoidable....LOL

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i'm just re-reading the Jeep thread......i encourage everyone to read it.

and i love the video of the Powerwagon.....i'm sure i'd be very happy owning one.

FORGOT: there's a lot of information about LED,s, Truck Lights and JW Speaker (Harley)specifically......and a lot of it corresponds to Harley as well....i've brought this up myself before i posted this thread.

Last edited:

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i say keep it here also. if others want to know, start at the beginning. there is a 'search this thread' button if answers were needed.
you are right Bill about being made more aware. thanks for 'enlightening' me.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i say keep it here also. if others want to know, start at the beginning. there is a 'search this thread' button if answers were needed.
you are right Bill about being made more aware. thanks for 'enlightening' me.

i'll keep it here....i know where it is, LMAO.

don't blame me for any enlightenment, you clicked on the thread......haha

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post# 39

1700 lumens pointing up on an angle!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/headlight-shootout-1166827/index3.html#post10974673
Headlights are not fashion statements people..... look at the atrocious beam shot and compare it to the Cibie Z beam.

Compare those to the Cibie Z beam lux measurements, for lux, especially the left side of the road....

Back in my dads day, I believe light like that would be considered as **** hunting lights. They would light up the tops of the tree.... :biggun:

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'll throw this out to the collective......

should i start a new thread in "other builds" for the Harley lighting......or just keep it going on this thread?

i'll be getting back to the truck soon enough....have a few irons in the fire for her too......think Super Oscar Bi-oscar.

It doesn't matter to me, if I'm not interested in what is being discussed, I'll move on, but that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't find it interesting. As far as I'm concerned, you started this thread, you post what you want. :)

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me, if I'm not interested in what is being discussed, I'll move on, but that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't find it interesting. As far as I'm concerned, you started this thread, you post what you want. :)

see....that's the difference betwixt a responsible adult that knows what a choice is.....and the stupid fukkers that don't like something and want to BAN it, like "conservationism".

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good Deal^^^^

Well, seems there really isnt crap left out there for reasonably affordable, decent quality brush bars to mount my fog lights on... all I seem to find is the craptacular bull bars w/ "skid plate"... only good for blocking your front plate and enticing the local PD to make a "justfied stop".
The brush bars all seem to be 1 piece designs, so if ya biff one side, the whole thing is junk... and they too have their own craptacular faux-rubber bumper things that warp in the summer sun and contract in the winter...after a season, they fit like OJ's isotoner gloves.

Bill, I did look up your Warn Trans4mer you bought. For a discontinued item, they sure arent letting them go cheap...unless I come across something older, I might be SOL. I do have an older chrome one. There is a bit of surface rust on the chrome, the brackets are kinda cheesy, and I can hear the rust shake around inside. Not my 1st choice but I might pump oil in and pickle the interior, then shoot the exterior with some hammertough rattle can or something.