Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I do a lot of the type of driving you just described, and I average just over 20MPG on every single tank. I kept the factory PCM too, so if I'm feeling extra economical I can pop it back in and get closer to 25.

EDIT - Factory 3.42 rear gear probably helps that...

man, that's what i was hoping to hear.....i've spoken to a few folks but they don't drive the same way i would use that truck.....hell, my '90 K/5 was good for 7/12.....LOL. so the 13.5 i'm getting on the highway with the un-tuned 383 is a gift.....my last 2 tanks in the city were 10 mpg.....when i used to make the Utica runs off the bike i'd borrow my mother's '02 Ford Focus....that little fu@ker got 34 with the a/c on......most highway cruising is done at 73 mph too.

and MY stupid OCD is doing the math on every tank, have been since i started driving.....no clue why. maybe because on the bikes i like to see an improvement EVERYWHERE with the performance modifications i do.....an old 83" shovelhead with 85 hp (her street trim) with a Super B carb getting 40 on average is pretty outstanding......IF i don't ride her at WOT all the time..:dogpile:..if i do she get's 25 in the city

my truck has 3.42's now and 265/70-17's....i doubt that will change

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I do a lot of the type of driving you just described, and I average just over 20MPG on every single tank. I kept the factory PCM too, so if I'm feeling extra economical I can pop it back in and get closer to 25.

EDIT - Factory 3.42 rear gear probably helps that...

man...i was cruisin some pictures on here and THIS caught my eye.....ya don't see these often. i think i'd like to own one.

full

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i had time to clean this up and rebuild the fount with a new wick..it's an old Perfection kerosene heater, model 750X in blue porcelin..i gave it to my mother for her 76th birthday. her den addition has lousy heat and she likes the "farmhouse" motif. this will make a nice addition to the room. throws out 11K btu's too.

You must be registered for see images attach

i have one AND a wood stove i just picked up for when i buy a house upstate...soon i'm hoping.

the sove is complete with the shoot door, air grill and has no issues at all. a rare bird it is.....an old "laundry" stove made by Birmingham Stove & Range Co....it's called the "big boy". has philips head machine bolts so it's not that old, we figure the late 30's

even if i use it in my garage, that i don't have yet, i love this thing.....i heated my house upstate with 2 wood stoves.....i used to be rugged...cut the trees, bucked, split and stacked my own wood from trees on my land......yea, a stroll down memory lane. reminds me i have to call my ex-wife.

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can't believe the fu@cin stupidity i've found lurking about the internet.....
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

perfectly fitting and you have to wait for it to heat up....wtf?

and as a bonus it get's to vote AND procreate.

I think that video made me lose brain cells lol
For what reason could you possibly need hid reverse lights

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
This is almost the same system you posted on here a while back. I can't remember the company though. Definitely a great system, unfortunately most of the people who drive with their high beams (atleast the ones around here) drive imports

i believe that was Hella design....don't ask me where in this thread it is though.