Sportside tie downs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason1351

Reaction score
What do ppl use for tie down points in the sportsides? Don't have any in the bed of mine and there don't seem to be spots where there was any from the factory?

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a fleetside and no tie downs in that either. I just bought 4 D ring style tie downs I plan to bolt in to lift the body off.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I have a fleetside and no tie downs in that either. I just bought 4 D ring style tie downs I plan to bolt in to lift the body off.

For lifting a box? Two, 1" ratchet straps corner to corner in the holes in the sides of the pocket. Chain hoist works if you are alone.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The beam in my shop I will be lifting with is only 8' so I am looking to hook up to the bed down low.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
No engine hoist I have a big I beam in the shop and a chain fall. I need to pull my bed then trial fit the step bed to figure out mounting for the correct height and how to run fuel filler. Then put my bed back on to drive while making mods to new old bed and painting before final swap. Gonna be lifting beds on and off a few times.

I built this to lift the bed that is outside.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went with my co worker the other day to deliver a piece of restaurant equpt. that we build. The equpt was heavy, so he said lets go in my truck. It is lower than the shop truck. He put some boat cleats in the bed near the floor. This made some grate tie down points. His were like this, and he simply screwed them into the bed side wall. These walls are double plated. As long as you use the correct screws that are not to long, this will work grate.
You must be registered for see images attach