Sport Mirrors, anybody?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody that has the smaller sport style mirror can tell me how many inches they stick out passed the door? Stupid question I know but I am so tired of folding mine in just to fit into my garage multiple times per day. Then unfolding them after backing out. This would be an easy solution if they are about 2 inches shorter than stock mirrors.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're so small you may as well forget the truck even has mirrors. I don't have any in hand anymore to measure but I ran them on my '94 for several years. They are likely at least 2" narrower, if not even more, than the stock ********* plastic folding mirrors...and probably at least 2" narrower than the stainless steel (or sometimes black) dumbo ear mirrors.

Get TYC's and they'll be steel instead of plastic, and shop around for them because some places are selling them at about double the going rate..

Richard

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had them on mine and swapped out for the larger ones as they were not quite big enough for me to gauge traffic clearly. I preferred the larger ones after owning a 97 Tahoe that had them. I still have my sports mirrors in a box.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. And yeah I know they are little as far as traffic goes and being functional but it would be so convenient for me. And like I said, my truck is a regular cab truck, I can literally see everything by turning my head slightly and using the door window and back glass.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not measurements by any means but you can probably judge the difference fairly well from these similar pics of the same truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

nowukno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the street scene mirrors on my Tahoe they are a little larger than the SS mirrors

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like them, definitely better than stock. For now I'm just gonna go with the SS mirrors. They are smaller and that's what I need. Anything else will not fit in my non-standard garage entry.