Spec sheets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle.kbelt

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to obtain specifications (frame measurements, body measurements, etc.)? Does anyone have measurements with drawings?

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
PM Greg, he is working on a 3D rendering of an OBS, if not, Google is your friend.

Reaction score
I can check with my buddy that owns a bodyshop, he may have something or he can tell me where to look. I'll try him tomorrow.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a 3D rendering of a vehicle, not sure if its going to be a 400. If I can get the specs for it I can definitely try to make a 3D rendering of a truck. Google Skethup has some gmt 400 trucks in their chest

kyle.kbelt

Reaction score
Okay. ya im basically wanting specs so that i can put in easy dual exhaust. There arent any packages so far that i have found for a true dual exhaust. Im basically wanting to get some measurements so that i can go to the muffler shop and get them to bend me some exhaust pipe.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok sorry to jump in on this cuz its completely off subject and prob. a dumb question but why are obs trucks called 400's? i hae never heard anybody call them that til i joined here thanks
Trey

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
No clue on the 400. But the biggest thing to deal with on a true dual exhaust is the fuggin big a gas tank taking up basically driveshaft to frame rail on the driver side. That's what's keeping me from doing Duals ATM. One thought I had was to get a fuel cell put where the spare tire goes. But there goes the spare tire.... It's like dominoes with trying to move things around. If I had a K1500 I'd build a roof rack and plop a bigass spare up there for that prerunnerish look. But alas mine is the C1500... I'm getting more OT here but I've thought about getting a toolbox and hiding a tank in it, especially if I bag the truck. It would be different. I think a gas tank or tire in the bed looks tacky but yeah I've gotten away from dual exhausts rambling on now. Iirc there's not enough room beside the driveshaft on the tank side to run duals near it like a 80's corvette. I could be wrong but I'm nowhere near my truck and if I were it's too friggin cold for me to go look. (11 degrees F)

kyle.kbelt

Reaction score
I think im gonna get a fuel cell
It would be waaay easier and then i could put the exhaust out in front of the rear wheels

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason you can't find an over the counter dual exhaust is because your engine doesn't make enough power to warrant one. If anything you will lose power with a setup like you described. However, any professional exhaust place can build whatever you wish for on-the-fly so there is no need for detailed measurements beforehand.