Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:ROFLJest:

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! You know black betty has gone NOWHERE! The reply about the bike is close. I've been building a CR250 2-stroke MX bike over the winter. The truck has mostly sat. The bike build had a ton to do with that, but I can't lie it was a rough winter as far as work goes. I'm now back in the full swing of things as is the truck. She needed a little attention and a real good washin' to say the least.
1. Battery
2. Alternator
3. Belt
4. AC compressor bypass pulley
5. Driver's side exhaust pipe hanging like a son of a *****
6. Bad transmission leak (connector on top of the trans after doing the pan/gasket 3-4 times)

Everything is fixed. I also fixed every little broken interior piece or shorted bulb. Overall the truck's in the best condition it's ever been in.

Only catch, is through the trans fluid leaking and changing the pan (5 quarts) fluid, the ole' 4L60E is slipping baddd 2nd-3rd and 3rd-4th. Need to do a bunch of research and make sure it couldn't be something else, but for now I'm treating it as a shot transmission and I hope to throw in a 4L80E if that's even possible. Need to research that too!

For now it feels damn good to have her back up to par and especially be back around here! Sorry for falling off the map there. Too much going on with the bike build. I taught myself everything on that one. I'll post pics for anyone interested tomorrow. For now, a shot from after washing her Sunday. Of course it rains it's ass off today but all in all I'm happy! Off to bed guys. Hope I didn't get kicked out of my truck club! :Boo:
You must be registered for see images attach

still lookin good griffin

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:ROFLJest:

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! You know black betty has gone NOWHERE! The reply about the bike is close. I've been building a CR250 2-stroke MX bike over the winter. The truck has mostly sat. The bike build had a ton to do with that, but I can't lie it was a rough winter as far as work goes. I'm now back in the full swing of things as is the truck. She needed a little attention and a real good washin' to say the least.
1. Battery
2. Alternator
3. Belt
4. AC compressor bypass pulley
5. Driver's side exhaust pipe hanging like a son of a *****
6. Bad transmission leak (connector on top of the trans after doing the pan/gasket 3-4 times)

Everything is fixed. I also fixed every little broken interior piece or shorted bulb. Overall the truck's in the best condition it's ever been in.

Only catch, is through the trans fluid leaking and changing the pan (5 quarts) fluid, the ole' 4L60E is slipping baddd 2nd-3rd and 3rd-4th. Need to do a bunch of research and make sure it couldn't be something else, but for now I'm treating it as a shot transmission and I hope to throw in a 4L80E if that's even possible. Need to research that too!

For now it feels damn good to have her back up to par and especially be back around here! Sorry for falling off the map there. Too much going on with the bike build. I taught myself everything on that one. I'll post pics for anyone interested tomorrow. For now, a shot from after washing her Sunday. Of course it rains it's ass off today but all in all I'm happy! Off to bed guys. Hope I didn't get kicked out of my truck club! :Boo:
You must be registered for see images attach

Welcome back i would be interested in your bike ****, Im a fellow mx 2stroke guy as well

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
he has returned! and I don't know if this is still your forum anymore... a lot of new guys have risen up!! :gr_grin:

there might be a mutiny on our hands :uhoh2:

:lol: