Southern 98 k1500 brought back to Canada (BUILD THREAD,PIC HEAVY)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally have my cast off so I can start tinkering with the truck! So a couple things I've done just recently. Cranked up the keys a bit and put 1.5 blocks in the rear, replaced the corner lenses in the grill. I'm going to get some new OEM headlights and park lights soon, but I just cleaned them up as best I could for now. Swapped in my stereo and fixed the exhaust leak! Also pulled of the sun beat moldings, still need to buff out the dirt lines left on the paint. Super happy so far with it. Here's a little comparison shot from when the truck first arrived in Canada still with another box attached to it. Had the roof hood and mirrors painted when it got here. You can kinda see the hood all peeled and faded. Front bumper was swapped with the smoothie.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Oh wow! I love the painted mirrors, the new lights, the new bumper, and the subtraction of the body molding!!! This is an awesome truck and color man! I have the same color and a fan of blue!

I do have a few things I want to say that you can take or leave, I would put the emblems back on that say GMC1500 in that body line dip like the work trucks did. The bumpers would look cool if they matched the Autumnwood Metallic bottom, but I think it looks good both ways either way. Those are just some of my thoughts, you can take them or leave them.

Looks good either way!!! :D The emblems back on the truck would make the truck complete though. :D

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh wow! I love the painted mirrors, the new lights, the new bumper, and the subtraction of the body molding!!! This is an awesome truck and color man! I have the same color and a fan of blue!

I do have a few things I want to say that you can take or leave, I would put the emblems back on that say GMC1500 in that body line dip like the work trucks did. The bumpers would look cool if they matched the Autumnwood Metallic bottom, but I think it looks good both ways either way. Those are just some of my thoughts, you can take them or leave them.

Looks good either way!!! :D The emblems back on the truck would make the truck complete though. :D

Thanks! I'm glad I did the mirrors. Once I can find a decent truck with good moldings I'll put them back on. Unfortunately GM doesn't make them anymore :banghead:

That truck needs some more aggression looking tires!

Nice upgrades so far

In time, 285s are on the list!

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm glad I did the mirrors. Once I can find a decent truck with good moldings I'll put them back on. Unfortunately GM doesn't make them anymore :banghead:
I know LMC truck sells body molding, but you have to cut it yourself sadly. :( Salvage yards may be your best bet if you are looking for OEM molding. And the best thing is... YOU DON'T HAVE TO CUT IT!!! :D Plus, it won't be so expensive. ;)

Oh, and I forgot to say, I like the truck without those window deflectors, IMHO, they make the truck look cheap. I took mine off when I repainted my truck and would not spend $50+ for new deflectors.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know LMC truck sells body molding, but you have to cut it yourself sadly. :( Salvage yards may be your best bet if you are looking for OEM molding. And the best thing is... YOU DON'T HAVE TO CUT IT!!! :D Plus, it won't be so expensive. ;)

Oh, and I forgot to say, I like the truck without those window deflectors, IMHO, they make the truck look cheap. I took mine off when I repainted my truck and would not spend $50+ for new deflectors.

LMC moldings are actually pre cut, but no door badge. Just plain moldings. I think the only reason I put the window deflectors on my old truck was to crack the windows when it was raining to help with the windows fogging. I definitely like the look without them.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
LMC moldings are actually pre cut, but no door badge. Just plain moldings. I think the only reason I put the window deflectors on my old truck was to crack the windows when it was raining to help with the windows fogging. I definitely like the look without them.
Oh they are? Huh, learned something new today. :) Well that's good they are, but yeah that sucks if they don't have the door badge cut outs.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm currently fighting a new issue with the truck. Started hearing a whine noise recently and I was convinced it was the clutch fan. Drove to work on Friday and the noise very defined. Seems to be a transmisson whine only in gear and changes with rpm. No noise in park or neutral. I dropped the pan today to check it out for debris and look at the filter. Fluid is full doesn't smell burnt and nothing in the pan. The magnet had its regular gunk on it but nothing large. Starting to lean towards the torque converter and bearing. I'm going to replace the filter tomorrow and take it to a transmisson shop this week. This might be a little set back for a while. Ill try and keep updates coming.