Southern 98 k1500 brought back to Canada (BUILD THREAD,PIC HEAVY)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a great starting point! Should looks awesome with the lift on.

I'm curious, I see both front fenders have the molding missing and it's got the smoothie bumper which I don't recall coming on the '98's. Was it ever in an accident and they didn't replace all of the moldings and stock bumper?

The title is clean, I don't think it was in an accident, I know a lot of people swap the smoothie bumper just for the clean look.

Good deal man! Looks like someone just put a smoothie on it, it looks way to straight to have been wrecked. Usually fender and grill gaps are all slightly off afterwards. I like the bed only demolded, that abd the smoothie make it just a tad different, but in a good way.

Its very straight, I think there is only one dent in the whole truck on the drivers side just behind the door but the molding hides it anyways.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update of a few items I've been accumulating over a few weeks while waiting for the truck. Because I'm still young, I still like noise, raspy things and disturbing the peace so what better than a Flowmaster super 10. I've had lots of variations of Flowmaster, Magnaflow, glasspacks etc, never used a super 10 so I'm pretty interested. Its only 12.5 inches in total length so down the road when I do decide to put something longer and more quiet on it wont look like I have a million cuts in the exhaust and still look clean. The tips are 18x4 with a 15 degree rolled tip. They are going to run straight out the back. Found some 1.25 blocks from a 2014 GMC and had some ubolts made up for $80. Just going to turn up the keys and put some 285s on. The stereo is out of my old truck just been saving it for this purpose, intermediate exhaust gasket because I know its leaking, and I got some OEM corner lenses for the grill. I'm going to try and clean up the factory lights as best I can, but I'm just going to get OEM headlights and marker lights with some HIDs in time. Also just have other odds and ends, still need to pick up other fluids to flush everything out.

That's all for now, I should be picking the truck up on Thursday. Maybe I'll get to play with it a little on Sunday. (wedding to be at Saturday)

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I sure do love that blue and gold two tone. You got one helluva nice truck there. :D

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's so nice to score a rust free truck when you live in the rust belt. Take it from me you will hate yourself every time you drive it in snow.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sure do love that blue and gold two tone. You got one helluva nice truck there. :D

I'm extremely happy with the colour, always wanted a blue truck and the two tone was a bonus!

gonna need a sound clip when the new muffler's installed...........

It will be a little while till I got some cash to have the exhaust done properly, but for sure I will throw a video up on youtube with a link.

It's so nice to score a rust free truck when you live in the rust belt. Take it from me you will hate yourself every time you drive it in snow.

This is a summer toy, she will never see snow.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whew I'm glad you said it'll never see snow, that little baby is way too clean for the salt! Such a nice find, congrats! ;) I really recommend painting the frame and coating the insides of the rockers and cab corners to keep it that nice for years to come. Can't wait to paint my truck and get it looking perfect again.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whew I'm glad you said it'll never see snow, that little baby is way too clean for the salt! Such a nice find, congrats! ;) I really recommend painting the frame and coating the insides of the rockers and cab corners to keep it that nice for years to come. Can't wait to paint my truck and get it looking perfect again.

Thanks man, for sure I'm going to wire wheel the frame and paint it. Then have it oil sprayed properly before it goes into storage for the winter.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear Fluid Film is good to spray inside panels for rust protection. Lot of guys around here spray their trailer springs that dunk in salt water.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man, for sure I'm going to wire wheel the frame and paint it. Then have it oil sprayed properly before it goes into storage for the winter.

Definitely can't wait to see the progress. It's so sharp looking as is. Please post lots of progress shots. :)