SinisterChevy's 98 1500 6.5 TD Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SinisterChevy

Reaction score
I've had my truck since July of 2010, not too much done to it:
-Marine injectors
-Instant heat glow plugs with milspec wire harness from PT wiring solution
-(00) battery cables (pt wiring solutions) with 7.3 TD batteries
-Mass intake
-3 inch down pipe, 4 inch under the body (started with 4 staight pipe) had dual 6 inch aussie stacks, now it has shotgun cat stacks.
You must be registered for see images attach

I did an order from lmc, and was dissapointed with about half the parts, but atleast the grille and halo lights fit.

Going to have to mod the blinker housing to fit the grille and they sent me the wrong marker lights

I have my 6 inch RCX lift ready to go in with steering stabilizer
New Mickey's classic III wheels
Toyo Open Country M/T's 35x13.5x15 (suppose to be here tuesday)
I have fender flares, imitation rivet style, thinking I might use. RC had them on sale. Would like to color match them or re paint my truck entirely.
Bilstien shocks from a previous project that should fit even though I got the upgraded RCX shocks.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Looks good! That grille looks taller than the stock ones for some reason...

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

SinisterChevy

Reaction score
Looks good! That grille looks taller than the stock ones for some reason...

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

That's what I was saying lol, I think it also has to do with the stainless bug deflector. I almost didn't get the bow tie but I'm glad I odered it just in case.

SinisterChevy

Reaction score
So this morning after work I stopped at NAPA to grab a fuel filter since it was over due. So I got it changed out a couple of minutes - no problem

Then I went to leave, cranked the engine and it would not start chit so after a quick diagnostic of why the hell I'm not getting fuel. So all in all it turned out it was the lift pump. I just replaced that about 50k miles ago when I was having problems with my PMD/FSD issue. Luckily I had the old one in the door panel still, swapped fit out and it fired up on the second try

SinisterChevy

Reaction score
Got my tires in, sorry no pics (soon to come), dropped them off at the shop this afternoon for mount and balance. I'm ready to get started with the lift already.
My old aussie stacks, in a way I kinda miss them, but no one else is running shotgun cat stacks in my area, gotta be different lol