Single Din Stereo With a Foldout Touchscreen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very interesting and not priced out of the park either. $ 350 in several places. Down hanging screen is great for an OBS. Hope somebody reports experience with one.

Macfluke

I didn't see a Possum!
Reaction score
Yeah... I would like to hear some user feedback on it... The AX200 has Sirius but swings a $450 price... looking at $450 my old ass Alpine is starting to look better and better...

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
That's very interesting, i always wondered if something like that was even made. I did a Google search and came up with cheapo brands that make similar radios.

It does seem kind of underpowered to be in the $350 price range, and it's lacking in preouts. I feel like it leaves out a lot of the "meat" in a radio as far as sound options are concerned. I like to have a finely tuned system. And really no CD Player??

But I guess if you're just trying to listen to some tunes it would do well.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think we are getting over the hill where CD's are concerned. Most just load the tunes in phones and play through Bluetooth, or stick a 16 GB thumb drive in the USB port and play them that way. I guess it all depends on what you want the radio for. I am not particularly distressed about adding outboard amps and subs. I just want a decent radio that will play tunes, give traffic reports, interface with phone etc. I agree that it could be more but it could also cost a lot more too.

I just want the nice updated features for the truck to go along with the nice interior parts I am rounding up.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whoa, how about this!?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's a double DIN face, with a single DIN case. It's also the highest rated Android Auto/Apple Carplay stereo out right now.

From what I can tell in the video, it looks like the single din is higher up and the screen hangs down lower. That could be a perfect solution for not blocking the vents AND not hacking the dash.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
alpine has a new one as well like this that is great as well

Macfluke

I didn't see a Possum!
Reaction score
I think we are getting over the hill where CD's are concerned. Most just load the tunes in phones and play through Bluetooth, or stick a 16 GB thumb drive in the USB port and play them that way. I guess it all depends on what you want the radio for. I am not particularly distressed about adding outboard amps and subs. I just want a decent radio that will play tunes, give traffic reports, interface with phone etc. I agree that it could be more but it could also cost a lot more too.

I just want the nice updated features for the truck to go along with the nice interior parts I am rounding up.
CD's have been around since the early 80's and are on the way out... even Best Buy and others are phasing them out this year. The CD/DVD part isn't something i'm really interested in having since i'm going stream content, but Touchscreen, Apple Car Play and SiriusXM is a must have in a non dash hacking form... I'm old, but I still want streaming technology...

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
CD's have been around since the early 80's and are on the way out... even Best Buy and others are phasing them out this year. The CD/DVD part isn't something i'm really interested in having since i'm going stream content, but Touchscreen, Apple Car Play and SiriusXM is a must have in a non dash hacking form... I'm old, but I still want streaming technology...
What's a cd?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5.7X28

Reaction score
Halfway installed Sony xav ax100 today. Left side of stereo is flush with trim panel and right side has 1/8 in gap. I'm going to put some washers on left bracket to try to split the difference. Still need to reroute mic cable and get a cubby. Maybe do some more sanding on plastic strip between radio and hvac controls.

You must be registered for see images attach

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Halfway installed Sony xav ax100 today. Left side of stereo is flush with trim panel and right side has 1/8 in gap. I'm going to put some washers on left bracket to try to split the difference. Still need to reroute mic cable and get a cubby. Maybe do some more sanding on plastic strip between radio and hvac controls.

You must be registered for see images attach
It should line up better than that with the kit itself. Without having to space anything out. You may want to check how everything is mounted to the kit and see if anything is misaligned

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk