Single Din Stereo With a Foldout Touchscreen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BONEZ73

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct. I had to cut into the lower portion of the dash. It is easy to do, but I don't recommend doing it if you ever want to go back to all original. Once cut, there is no going back without replacing the entire dash.

Macfluke

I didn't see a Possum!
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct. I had to cut into the lower portion of the dash. It is easy to do, but I don't recommend doing it if you ever want to go back to all original. Once cut, there is no going back without replacing the entire dash.
It's does look really nice, but i'm the same way I don't want to hack my dash... I have a single DIN radio now but haven't pulled the trigger to get pop-up... I'm really stuck because I want my iphone on my radio and want Sirius and I like the double DIN... guess this is why I haven't changed anything...

Cdawg

Reaction score
It's does look really nice, but i'm the same way I don't want to hack my dash... I have a single DIN radio now but haven't pulled the trigger to get pop-up... I'm really stuck because I want my iphone on my radio and want Sirius and I like the double DIN... guess this is why I haven't changed anything...
I got ya beat, I'm still rockin the original stereo and cassette deck, because I can't decide what to do.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Cdawg

Reaction score
I got ya beat, I'm still rockin the original stereo and cassette deck, because I can't decide what to do.

Although I did add a 3.5mm input, long before I ever found this forum.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the fact I would have to cut up my dash I would definitely go with a double din. The main reason I do not want to do that is because there is not a whole lot of it left and there's not a lot of integrity to it as it sits. Just kind of uneases me..
A single din flip up is a nice compromise in my opinion.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another option is installing a double DIN touchscreen like I did. I have no problems with seeing the radio and it doesn't block my vents air flow.

Double DIN would still require some butchery but I really do like the switch panel and USB charge port you installed in the factory radio position. That was well thought out.

Macfluke

I didn't see a Possum!
Reaction score

hands down ya put a beat down on me still rockin' that original stereo and cassette deck... when I got my truck years ago it had that same setup and thats why I put in a single DIN Alpline that is old as dirt now...

Cdawg

Reaction score
Double DIN would still require some butchery but I really do like the switch panel and USB charge port you installed in the factory radio position. That was well thought out.
I agree!

Cdawg

Reaction score
hands down ya put a beat down on me still rockin' that original stereo and cassette deck... when I got my truck years ago it had that same setup and thats why I put in a single DIN Alpline that is old as dirt now...
If I drove mine more, I would have done something different. Mine is a third vehicle, used infrequently to pull my trailer. However, it's getting time to do something different.

Cdawg

Reaction score
Whoa, how about this!?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's a double DIN face, with a single DIN case. It's also the highest rated Android Auto/Apple Carplay stereo out right now.

From what I can tell in the video, it looks like the single din is higher up and the screen hangs down lower. That could be a perfect solution for not blocking the vents AND not hacking the dash.