Single Din Stereo With a Foldout Touchscreen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Yes I have a pioneer that is similar to that just a newer model I believe, no problem seeing it from driver or passenger seat.

Cdawg

Reaction score
Yes I have a pioneer that is similar to that just a newer model I believe, no problem seeing it from driver or passenger seat.
Awesome, just what I like to hear. Do you have any photos? How much does it cover the A/C vents, when up?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Cdawg

Reaction score
I have been curious about those too, but not at Crutchfield's prices. They must have theirs gold plated. I think I would try one of these and see if the concept is sound first.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Backup-Cam...086229?hash=item3b02535555:g:SgsAAOSww3tY7Dg6
Yeah, I just used the crutchfield as an example, because it was quick and easy to find. I specifically want Android Auto/Apple Car Play functionality, and, as I understand it, the model I shared is the only one in that format, with that functionality. Amazon has it cheaper.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Awesome, just what I like to hear. Do you have any photos? How much does it cover the A/C vents, when up?

https://www.amazon.com/PIONEER-AVH-...8-1-fkmr0&keywords=pioneer+single+din+flip+up

This is the one that I have just for reference.

But yea i can definitely get some pictures tomorrow when it is daylight. As far as the vents are concerned, they're blocked pretty well; but my model has it to where you can adjust the angle of the screen so i have it forward some for easier access and to give the vents some room. I was able to angle the vents just right so that i still get most of the blowing power from them without it being too much adversely affected. Rarely have I flipped it down to get more air I'll say.
I love mine and I don't think there has been a time that i was just dissatisfied with it.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments from an owner/user perspective. I may have to try one of those in my Van and if I like it in the 400 as well. I like this idea better than butchering the panel with a Dremel just to get a double DIN mounted. When I send it on its way to a new owner I'd like for him to have the option of re-installing the factory radio if he wishes.

Cdawg

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/PIONEER-AVH-...8-1-fkmr0&keywords=pioneer+single+din+flip+up

This is the one that I have just for reference.

But yea i can definitely get some pictures tomorrow when it is daylight. As far as the vents are concerned, they're blocked pretty well; but my model has it to where you can adjust the angle of the screen so i have it forward some for easier access and to give the vents some room. I was able to angle the vents just right so that i still get most of the blowing power from them without it being too much adversely affected. Rarely have I flipped it down to get more air I'll say.
I love mine and I don't think there has been a time that i was just dissatisfied with it.
Thank you, I look forward to seeing pics.
I generally keep the vents angled to the left and the right anyway, I'd imagine the bulk of the air would go around it.

I want to do an install that's completely reversible, I have no interest in cutting into the dash.

I have avoided a stereo upgrade for a long time because I hate the location, hate that it sticks out, hate the empty box in the stock location and just generally think it looks goofy. However, technology is getting to a point, that I really would like to do an upgrade, and, I am thinking this format would look "less goofy", than a single din. Plus, the capabilities of the receiver would offset the looks. Il

I am also considering add-on steering wheel controls to help with the location being hard to reach.

I am curious to see your setup.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have avoided a stereo upgrade for a long time because I hate the location, hate that it sticks out, hate the empty box in the stock location and just generally think it looks goofy. However, technology is getting to a point, that I really would like to do an upgrade, and, I am thinking this format would look "less goofy", than a single din. Plus, the capabilities of the receiver would offset the looks. Il

Here is what I have now. i agree that the screen in the middle would probably look better than the single DIN radio but I have not found this to be a problem.

You must be registered for see images attach

The cubby in the dash isn't all that bad either. Many have installed a small screen GPS in the cubby and run the power wire out through a hole. The more recent replacement middle mount for the radio looks pretty good except for the color being a little off.

I really do enjoy having decent stereo, Bluetooth phone etc in the truck. It really does modernize the truck for very little money. One advantage to the middle mount radio is that a passenger can adjust it if needed.

Last edited:

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Went out and took some pictures.. it's been raining all day so it's pretty dark inside the truck, might be kind of hard to see.

This is with the camera at my eyes, so basically how I see the dash at my height in my truck.

A little close up, I have the left vent kind of angled around the radio.

Right vent, also angled around the radio to the passenger.

Kind of got low on this one lol, but just to show I have my screen angled straight up and not to where it makes a 90 with the dash.

Then just a straight on pic from the console. Anyone in the back would not get any air from these vents unless you flipped it down.

Last edited: