Single Cab subs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What have you guys run for subs in your single cab trucks that you like? budget depends on quality, really. Prefer something affordable. But throw it out there! 91 btw.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got two Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow mount 12"s in my '97 standard cab. Works great if you're willing to remove the factory jack box/storage compartment. One behind each seat, and plenty of room in the middle to mount an amp.

I've got an old Lanzar OptiDrive 2500 pushing about 1000W RMS to them and I've surprised quite a few people with how loud they can get. Nothing compared to a real large enclosure, but you can do some impressive things with minimal air space these days.

Jay P

Reaction score
In the process of installiny a single 12 inch Polk Audio DB1222 in a Ground Shaker single cab ported box.

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i run 4 kicker compVR cvr10-4 10 inch dual 4-0hm subs connected to a
jl Audio JX1000/1 amp .wayyyy too much bass i bought it like this
i run 4 kicker compcvr10-4 10 inch subs dual 4-ohm running at 1ohm hooked to a jl audio jx1000/1 amp its wayyy too much bass .the previous owner installed it i just installed a volume knob and left the amp volume at halfway even then it shakes the mirrors but enjoyable.id recommend just two 10s with a volume knob.i have had single 10,dual 10,single 12,dual 12s,now 4 10s and i can tell you two 10s with a volume knob is the sweet spot on these trucks anything less and its going to leave you wanting more

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got two Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow mount 12"s in my '97 standard cab. Works great if you're willing to remove the factory jack box/storage compartment. One behind each seat, and plenty of room in the middle to mount an amp.

I've got an old Lanzar OptiDrive 2500 pushing about 1000W RMS to them and I've surprised quite a few people with how loud they can get. Nothing compared to a real large enclosure, but you can do some impressive things with minimal air space these days.

omg thats the same setup i had on my last truck !

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the very near future comes a blow-thru with 4 skar audio evl 10's on 2000 watts a pair. anything behind the seats is a waste of space. i find that even though these trucks have decent leg room i don't like having the steering spear, i mean column close to my chest. so seat back goes as far back as i can reach petals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost