Sierra's Crew Cab Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Man just get done like mine, They would look great on yours. There LED.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I have looked at those tail lights before but I already have two sets of stocks and the all clear so I will not be buying any new tail lights just yet.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Still gathering pieces. Getting closer until we start swapping the cab and motor over from the parts truck. It's still too cold to do much.

I like the newer version of the vu4. I can use the 1/2 line that is already plumbed.

ale_obs

Reaction score
awesome!! I am going to start my conversion in the next month or so.....really helpful and inspirational!!

robolicious

Reaction score
Any update? I am about to stretch my ext cab to a crew found a killer deal on a crew 2500 swb no motor for 500

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
No updates. Still working on getting a few things together. Hopefully starting on this soon.

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So since all the ccsb pros seem to be in this thread I have a few questions. If I were to do this, how much would I have to stretch the frame of my ecsb? Is the wiring to another comparable year (mine is a 97, I know of a 97 or 98 cclb diesel is for $600) cc plug and play? After the frame is stretched and the wiring is done what else would I need? Drive shaft, I would assume.

Thanks for your help

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
The frame is stretched 13" between the middle and back cab mounts. If you have a 350 with 4l60e then you use the front part of your drive shaft and then for the back piece you use a drive shaft from a regular cab short bed as well as the correct u-joints. With different engine and trans you will have to shorten or lengthen based on your application.

The harness of a diesel from the firewall back might be the same but the engine harness will not be. There is enough slack in the ecsb frame wiring harness to be used but double check yours to make sure.

The brake lines and fuel lines will need to be lengthened as well.