Should I change up my front end? Help me decide. :)

Keep brush guard or replace?

• Keep brush guard that is on

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Replace it with a bull bar

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Run nothing

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone, it's been a little while since I've posted anything. Finally decided to get around repainting my truck this summer, and I've been thinking about changing up the front end to compliment the fresh look. I currently have a hard to find Manik brush guard on my 1998 k1500 regular cab stepside. The plan was to install a 20" LED bar light, but now I'm wondering of a black bull bar with a polished stainless plate would look sportier/nicer with the LED bar. I have new bumpers and fenders in e-coat, bumpers will be color matched. Thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sold my bumper like that
Exactly like that
Aaaaaaand regert it

But I plan on doing a move bumper soon

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have never liked the way those brush gaurds have those curved verticals. I also don't like those bull bars either. My vote goes for one of these (chrome or black with your light bar) or nothing
You must be registered for see images attach

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It shouldn't really matter what others like, What do you like it is your truck? We all have different tastes and what looks good to some will not appeal to others. Thats why the aftermarket makes so many different products.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dunno.... I think what you've gone now looks way better than a bullbar. I wouldn't change a thing. It's your baby though, if you've got the itch, go for it.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone! I just found a design I really like from a SEMA truck in a YouTube video. It's essentially a straight bar that follows the contour of the bumper than has a slightly forward swept tube mounted above with room for a light bar. It's really clean looking and minimalistic but still gives an aggressive appearance. The truck I found with it is a Ford Super Duty but I can still use the same concept. I'll get a picture up soon.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I voted for run nothing, but I also think you should keep those lights and put them on the truck separate somewhere. :)