shorty header options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTwarrior

Reaction score
I have a set of the.summit brand headers, they arrived and are pacesetters, labeled as not high temp paint, no big deal my problem is the 50 state compliant EGR tube hook up, does anyone have a trick to get that egr tube loose?
That sucker wont budge on my manifolds andi soaked it when it was hot and cold with PB blaster before i started this and when it wouldnt break free i tried seafoam deep creep for the past day just soaking it and i cant break this sucker free. I imagine this isnt reverse threaded, is there some trick like go at it from the bottom or what?

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I have a set of the.summit brand headers, they arrived and are pacesetters, labeled as not high temp paint, no big deal my problem is the 50 state compliant EGR tube hook up, does anyone have a trick to get that egr tube loose?
That sucker wont budge on my manifolds andi soaked it when it was hot and cold with PB blaster before i started this and when it wouldnt break free i tried seafoam deep creep for the past day just soaking it and i cant break this sucker free. I imagine this isnt reverse threaded, is there some trick like go at it from the bottom or what?

I had to put some heat to mine with a torch, and was then able to get it using a crows foot wrench, extension, and breaker bar.

WTwarrior

Reaction score
Ive been using the crowsfoot, extension breaker bar combo, ill add heat and see what happens, map gas should work fairly well yes?

WTwarrior

Reaction score
Cool beans, i guess ill have to wait a minute on that, my handheld torch has seemed to have grown legs and wandered off. Did you just get it piping hot once or.heat it and cool it multiple times

meterman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jba stt great headers 3/8 flange good welds , just use the dead aluminum gaskets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Soooo... I am cooking tonight...
You must be registered for see images attach

LOL.... 250 for 30. Cool for 30.
400 for 30. Cool for 30
600 for 30. Cool for every...lol.. (well my oven don't like 600 so I'll do it at 500 for 30 then cool....

sent from what use to be a great country...

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the summit shorties, which are actually pacesetter headers... I sandblasted the original coating of which because I use "black beauty" gave it a great rough surface for the new vht header paint to adhere too..

sent from what use to be a great country...

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing says lovin like something from the oven, Ha Ha,,,Looking good, They look just like mine.