Shims for Pinion Angles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White92

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have my white 92 that I've lowered 3/5 with a Belltech kit, which included the nitro drop shocks. I also removed the overload springs when I installed the kit. I also added some Caltracs bars to the leafs to help plant power to the ground better. The truck handles extremely well after dropping that center of gravity and the Caltracs bars make a huge difference in launches. The problem I'm having is a drivetrain vibration at around 55-60 MPH. My wheels are all balanced and all my suspension components are good. I believe I have a pinion angle issue. What shims are available for different lowering heights? Who manufactures them? And where can I purchase them? Thanks for any help guys!

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anytime ive needed a pinion shim i just go to one of the local alignment shops. They always have them kicking around

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

White92

Reaction score
Thanks so much man! I hadn't thought of that. I have an alignment shop I use regularly for my customer's vehicles. I will just give them a shout on Monday.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I got my shims from a local suspension shop that specializes in the big rigs but also carries parts for regular vehicles.
IIRC, the ones I used for my blue '97 were a 2*. The least amount of angle the shims are available in, is 1.5*. But, @ 5" you would probably need a 3*.
With the 3" drop, did you use drop hangers? I'm guessing that your set-up is probably drop hangers & drop shackles set at the 1" position. Those hangers seem to be what screws up the angle.
The shims you need are the 2" wide ones.

2nd. from the top is as good as it gets.

You must be registered for see images attach