Shift problems after replacing spider unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dominick

Reaction score
so I recently replaced my spider injector unit on my 1997 gmc 1500 with a 5.7 and suddenly have shifting problems. I drove the truck to the shop with no problems but immediately after replacing the injector unit I noticed that the truck feels like it is slipping into third and also shifts in and out of overdrive. I think it may have something to do with all the sensors I disconnected while working on the truck or a ground issue. If anyone has any idea, any help would be greatly appreciated

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How does it idle? Any codes?

The throttle position sensor is the only thing that comes to mind that may have been disconnected during the repair and that may impact your shift points. A scanner may be able to show the output voltage, otherwise you could probably check it with a multimeter. I'm not sure what the specs are, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dominick

Reaction score
How does it idle? Any codes?

The throttle position sensor is the only thing that comes to mind that may have been disconnected during the repair and that may impact your shift points. A scanner may be able to show the output voltage, otherwise you could probably check it with a multimeter. I'm not sure what the specs are, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was idiling normal and no check light came on but my next step was going to be checking the throttle position sensor. Thank you for your help