Scrubbing/rubbing noise, rear, over speedbumps, C1500 Sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
Just noticed this today, riding through the parking lots. Right now I'm sitting in the parking lot while the wife shops for kiddie clothes.

Anytime I go over a speed bump with the rear axle, the return trip up from the bump makes a rubbing noise, kind of like a "hoop" sound.

Later tonight when I get home I'm going to put it up on jacks and look for anything suspicious, but it has only been a couple of weeks since I was under there anyhow, bleeding the brakes and doing an inspection.... did not see anything wrong.

Is it possible the leaf springs are making this noise?

Maybe the shock is going bad? The rear of the truck rebounds appropriately over a speed bump only bouncing once, seems to ride fine, I haven't had any other indication of a shot shock.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My money is on a shock. I had this same thing happen out of nowhere on the driver's side front of my Suburban a few years back. Put on a new set of Bilsteins and no more noise.

See if you can replicate the noise by bouncing on the bumper a little. I could.