Screwed by CarID, never again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldguy

Reaction score
Last March I sprung for LED tail lights for my '96 Sierra and the high price, $255, was steep but seemed reasonable if they were quality LED lights and the company stood behind them. I chose CARiD because they seemed to be a good vendor shown here on the GMT400 forum. My signal light on one side quit yesterday so I called CARiD for a warranty replacement because it had not been a year which was the warranty period. They kept me waiting on the phone and the chat line for half an hour or more and insisted I send them a picture/video of the bad part to begin the process of replacement. Now I ask you, how silly can you get when you want to see a non-working freakin' light? I told them I would be happy to send the bad part back for them to test and they still insisted on a pic/video. To me this is just a case of them throwing up roadblocks to keep from making good on their warranty. As a matter of principle I will not send the pic. I told them I would just kiss my $255 less than a year lights goodbye and go elsewhere with my business. Good luck with these crooks! Never CARiD!! Does anybody have a better supplier in mind they can recommend?

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had a negative dealing with CARid also. They had a good price on a ranch hand grille guard for my 06. They showed them I'm stock and shipped within 24hrs with free shipping. So I ordered and my account was charged almost immediately. Within an hour I get an email saying they're back ordered for 4 to 6 months and the free shipping is now 175 bucks. When I ask why the website says in stock when they're really backordered they tell me the site doesn't always represent actual stock and then it takes 3 weeks to get a refund. You couldn't pay me to deal with them again.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Send a video and get a replacement, ive had to do that before for a headlight on my old tahoe, not really that big of a deal. They wanted a pic or video then they told me to toss the old light so its probably to save on return shipping. I just ordered another set of lights from them for my g6 thatll be here friday. I think your making a big deal out of nothing.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Yea most of the time the pic/video is just a "to have on file" kind of thing, most likely would have to submit it to the LED company. Also covers their butt if they're dishing out a free replacement. Ask for a refund possibly and then take that money somewhere else.
I had a company send me the wrong lug pattern rim one time, even though the box was stamped correctly. Had to return the wheel and wait for them to "inspect" it and then send me a correct one. Took over a week.

What really sucks is when you send them back is you pay for shipping and rarely do they reimburse you.

On the note of CarID i ordered an led bulb a longgg time ago before i knew what amazon was, they charged me like $12 shipping for a $8 bulb.

JohnDenver

Reaction score
I bought some brake pads from them that rubbed the tophat of the rotor because the back part of it was wider. They were very slow to deal with and asked for photos and information I had sent already. I kept pushing though, and finally they refunded me my $35. Seemed pretty silly since the price was so low, but I wondered if it was partly because I selected "product did not fit" and they were trying to figure out the issue if they were still selling the product.

shakejort

Reaction score
Yea most of the time the pic/video is just a "to have on file" kind of thing, most likely would have to submit it to the LED company. Also covers their butt if they're dishing out a free replacement. Ask for a refund possibly and then take that money somewhere else.
I had a company send me the wrong lug pattern rim one time, even though the box was stamped correctly. Had to return the wheel and wait for them to "inspect" it and then send me a correct one. Took over a week.

What really sucks is when you send them back is you pay for shipping and rarely do they reimburse you.

On the note of CarID i ordered an led bulb a longgg time ago before i knew what amazon was, they charged me like $12 shipping for a $8 bulb.

One thing that helps when dealing with vendors is to checkout through paypal. They not only guarantee the order for 90 days and refund your return shipping costs, but will force the seller to respond or return the item if they so happen to not answer your calls and emails. Doesn’t really help with warranty issues, but is great for when they send you the wrong stuff or stuff that doesn’t fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
One thing that helps when dealing with vendors is to checkout through paypal. They not only guarantee the order for 90 days and refund your return shipping costs, but will force the seller to respond or return the item if they so happen to not answer your calls and emails. Doesn’t really help with warranty issues, but is great for when they send you the wrong stuff or stuff that doesn’t fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yea definitely, 95% of my stuff is done through paypal or amazon now. I'm pretty sure the company i got my rim from did not offer paypal at the time. Those waiting times are killer.