Scotty.92 `The Resurrection` 98 Sierra K1500 - Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Big news !! First off I'm back from college for level 2 GM ASEP. Sold my red GMC in the picture above. Finishing up my engine for the black truck in this thread. ( 350 vortec build with carb swap and SM465 swap )
The 1989 truck is a hold for until summer. BUT ! I did buy another 400.
1997 Silverado. 265K ( kilometers ). New parts. But spider needs replaced.

You must be registered for see images attach

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Big news. 305 in the white truck had an engine cooler line blow and oil went everywhere and is now f$%k. Fuel pressure regulator came into today. Pulled a transmission from an 89 K1500, going to use engine from same truck and put carb manifold on. this truck is going to be going within this or next week so stay tuned. Fixing busted door locks, and missing window when it was vandalized.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Making progress on the truck. Pulled engine transmission transfercase from an 89. Pulled transmission and transfercase out of my 89. Pulled window, door handles, wheels, and headlights from my 97 into the 98. Have a blue hood for the 98. Going to strip down parts i didnt need for the 89 engine. Put old spread bore and 4 bbl intake on the tbi heads. Have to modify for the center bolts. Got fuel pressure regulator to put in. Think im going with the nv3500. I was going to use the 700r4 from the 89, but have to figure the TV / kickdown cable for the carb, as well as the torque convertor lock up.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plans changed for time being..... BUT. Big news coming next week. Here's how truck sits. trans and t case removed. But soon to be reinstalled. Here's how truck currently sits as.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm going to put them on this truck or not. I also know one is 5 bolt lol I'm picking one more wheel up

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Progress to be made this weekend. Have to change a couple parts and put new studs on exhaust when it's out. Then put it in this weekend