Scored this at the yard... (NP205)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
Cajun, do you have any other pics of puttin the 241 VSS on your 205? Bggrnchvy, I don't think I'm following you. Why would you need to run an intermediate shaft between the two? What I'm gettin out of the article above is that you cut the 241, cap the back and bolted that to the front of the 205 via the whole clocking ring design and either A. find a way to bolt on a yoke to the 241 and run an intermediate shaft between my 700r and the doubler or mount the doubler directly to the 700 like my 241 is now. There's something I'm missing here isnt there?

i have never VSS'd a 205 personaly, that tech article was copied from MEK5 on ck5... my th400 had a VSS sensor in the trans itself by some stroke of luck.

what kyle is saying is this... you have a divorced 205 because it has a driveshaft yoke for the input, you have to run a 2wd trans and run a very short driveshaft between them in order for it to work ** YOU CAN NOT JUST BOLT THE TWO YOKES TOGETHER WITH A SINGLE U-JOINT**. its not like a married case that you just bolt to the back of your transmission. one idea for a doubler is since its a dodge p-drop 205 you could keep your stock 241 bolted up and make a small intermediate driveshaft to link the rear of your 241 to your 205 input. but i dont know if i would realy recommend this course of action as you would run into several issues such as a complex shifter mechanism, an extremely long front drive shaft and not realy an issue but you would have to make a series of new transmission and transfercase crossmembers

the picture you posted of teh 205/241 doubler is all well and good but that is a married 205, and its a lil more complicated that just cutting the ass end off a 241 and caping it off, there is proper sealing that needs to be takin into consideration and a coupler shaft that would have to be made

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, so you may have opened my eyes to some issues. The one I am noticing...my 700r is relatively new in the grand scheme of things (30k on a 300k truck) so I would like to avoid finding a new trans all together. The only reason I was thinking the 241/205 is cause I already have the 241 (and why not :drool:) but if it is gonna be that big of an a issue I will scratch that plan. If I was to just run the 205, I could put a 2wd output shaft and yoke on the 700r and run a short intermediate shaft between the two right?

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
Ok, so you may have opened my eyes to some issues. The one I am noticing...my 700r is relatively new in the grand scheme of things (30k on a 300k truck) so I would like to avoid finding a new trans all together. The only reason I was thinking the 241/205 is cause I already have the 241 (and why not :drool:) but if it is gonna be that big of an a issue I will scratch that plan. If I was to just run the 205, I could put a 2wd output shaft and yoke on the 700r and run a short intermediate shaft between the two right?

correct